Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Charlie Price


I am eating my dinner, browsing the channels of the television when I hear a familiar voice, which I say without looking "ah that sounds like Charlie, to my surprise I look up and there is the Man that gave me my first Makeup Artist gig some 8 years ago.

He was such an inspiration back then, not only for his success as a fabulous hair artist, salon owner but if at any second he had a spare moment he was also drawing some unbelievable comic art etc. One of those moments again that taught me that I can do more than one of my favorite things. 

So anyway he is appearing on the the latest season of Shear Genius on Bravo wednesday nights, make sure to check it out. And Click Salon here in Denver.. Good Luck Charlie:)


Here is some of his work and bio, to see more visit his Website






"Charlie Price has spent the last twenty years perfecting his craft of hairdressing. His love of high fashion led him to Milan and New York where he studied under legendary runway stylists Guido, Serge Normant and Eugene Soulieman. While on these teams he worked backstage at Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera in New York, Prada, miu miu and Dolce & Gabbana in Milan. Price has also worked as lead stylist creating runway looks for designers Jeremy Scott, Peter Som, Catherine Malandrino, Matthew Williamson and Imitation of Christ.
Charlie’s presence in the professional beauty industry has seen him on the mainstages of the International Beauty Show in New York and the International Salon and Spa Expo in Los Angeles. He has also been nominated International Stylist of the Year five times by the Canadian Mirror Awards (2002, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008) and was named International Stylist of the Year in 2007. Price has been nominated for five NAHA awards including Master Stylist of the Year in 2007 and was named North American Hairstylist of the Year in 2002. Price has had photo work published in trade and consumer magazines in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.

Price is co-owner of Click Salon in Denver, Colorado where he lives with his family and boyfriend Salvador."

3 comments:

Jessie Cacciola said...

wow, amazing story! i had no idea he was this talented. my sister is obsessed with the show. i'll have to keep my eye out for him now. :)

kim* said...

i so need a makeup artist

kat said...

This hair is art!

Template by Pink + Lola