Thursday, July 09, 2009

The High Line

Photo source: archdaily.



Photo: Leigh 2009



While visiting New York City for my Art show I scheduled a few extra days to enjoy the city like the accidental discovery of The High Line. My Friend and I were actually looking for the entrance to the new fabulous Standard Hotel. With it being on stilts climbed the entrance of the High Line thinking that was the way.
Photos: Leigh 2009


Surprise, instead we discovered a scenic getaway right smack in the city. It had just opened on the 8th of June so it was fun to have been at one of the hot spots that I didn't even realize was a hot spot until the next day when my friends and those at the show were telling us to check it out.. Which you should, very cool!!



I have also been enjoying my Anya Hindmarch's "I am not a plastic bag" tote for a few years, well now she is selling "The High Line" tote which benefits Friends of the High Line.

available here. Count me in..

8 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

Great take on it. The Highline is exactly that, an oasis.

PorkStar said...

I was in the same spot right after i visted you! Now that reminds me i should upload those pics.

Very nice images, by the way.

TheBeautyFile said...

I loved visiting the Highline...so pretty & unexpected up there...beautiful purple flowers everywhere growing on top of train tracks...

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Cool photos! I hope to visit New York soon! xxoxoxoxo

Keith said...

Great photos and clips. I like them. You have a cool blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you'll visit again. Take care. Enjoy the weekend. Cheers!

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Great photos! I can't wait to get back to New York. There's just so much to do there and I'll be sure to visit the High Line.

Congratulations again on your Art Show.

Have a great weekend.

Lauren said...

i love the video you posted of nyc.

Anonymous said...

i got engaged on the highline the weekend it opened! it will now always hold a special place in my heart...

Template by Pink + Lola