Sunday, September 27, 2009

Inspirational sparks from Ghost of Love



I am starting a series that was inspired by the song Ghost of Love from David Lynch and the movie Inland Empire, It will include photos, self portraits, art, some work that is archived that fits, etc etc :) whooo, who knows, but I will label each piece Inland Empire inspiration so to be known and I cannot wait to see where it takes me. David sparks quite a bit of inspiration in general for me of course, but I have teamed up with my good friends Aaron Goss and Jen Ramage as well to see what we can make of it all. So periodically watch for the series. Here are just a few photos to start with and a first post (within this post) of a photo I took of birds crossing the sky with my shutter left open and having this project in mind as well.

Photos: ©Leigh 2009



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

xo

"Eastern Glow"
Photo: ©Leigh 2009

One by one
We force ourselves
Turn it on
It comes in waves

Try to find
Maybe this time
Don't turn your head
it's easy to forget how we were

Once inside
We've made it here
We struggle with the lights
They never go away

What have we learned
It's the same old things
That drive us here
And never go away
We are changed

Through the tides
Make your way
You'll find the time
A comfort inside

Here I wait
In the safe place
Where we were so many years ago
So many years ago

One by one
We close our eyes
And returned to that place
As a thousand nights go by

One by one
We close our eyes
And returned to that place
As a thousand nights went by

The Album Leaf ~ Eastern Glow

12 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

I always enjoy seeing your work, and this one is so interesting. Looking forward to the next pictures.
xoxo

Kay said...

sigh....lovely pics

Dallas Shaw said...

excited to see it- did you find a printer?
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

So very beautiful. As per usual, your creative spirit just soars. I can't wait to see the series. It sounds positively ethereal.

Have a great afternoon.

Unknown said...

RE: Dallas, I did:) I am hoping to get the first samples made this week, so crossing fingers..xo

Thank you everyone for the sweet compliments always, I will be checking to see what your up to in a bit :) Happy Monday !!

Midtown Girl said...

Love the pictures - so beautiful! I am looking forward to your new series as well!!

XOXO
MG

Sierra said...

Your photography is beautiful, love how these photos turned out.

. said...

wow, so artistic!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures; so creative and unique.

Unknown said...

so gorgeous. next time you come here we have to make it a point to go out to take photos together...speaking of which, any plans? :)

georgia b. said...

hi, leigh. i have not been here in so long. but i can see you are just as creative and amazing at what you do as ever. i love every single photo in this post. in a sea of photography that always seems to look the same, your's is so original and unique and moving and evocative. it just stuns me every time, and it is the kind of work i truly aspire to. i could only hope to ever be as creative. so glad i stopped by your blog tonight.

georgia b. said...

oh, also... can i put that bird shot on "...shhhh"? it is just amazing.

Template by Pink + Lola