Tuesday, August 30, 2011

To Tuck or Untuck - & How to Achieve the Perfect Brow





Not sure if most of you know, but I used to be a professional freelance Makeup Artist and Esthetician for almost a decade before I decided it just was not fulfilling my heart as a career to which I then decided to pursue my art full time. (yay for following my gut) I wanted more creative control I suppose but am blessed and happy that I did get to work in that industry as well as I feel it put so much influence into where I am now with my art and photography. I learned so much from the photographers, especially lighting that I didn't in school and just the ideas that were focused on when putting together a photoshoot. So in regards I wanted to show you this wonderful eyebrow tutorial from Anastasia who is based in Beverly Hills.
Anastasia has long been the definitive eye and brow expert for icons such as Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Oprah as well as hip up-and-comers like Diana Agron, Selena Gomez and Kristen Cavalari and has recently expanded into colors that match their superior standards for skincare based cosmetics.

I was professionally trained to shape eyebrows for clients, but she has this amazing kit that I think is just wonderful if you want the perfect brows. Take a look and you can buy her products here for yourself.





Skirt-Kimchi and Blue, Shirt-VS, Shoes-Maxstudio, Ring-Banana Republic, Sunglasses-Target

5 comments:

angelieeee said...

really like your skirt!
someday i wanna take classes of make up! ♥
xxxo from Argentina

http://angelieeee.blogspot.com/
you can also follow me on Twitter! :) @angelieeee

Tiffany Kadani said...

Come to think of it, I think my brows need some TLC.

Ps... tucked or untucked? That question plagues me almost daily!

Mighty Burns said...

My sister and I JUST talked about this!! She wants to see someone in LA who shapes brows for your face, and right now hers are grown out.. and kinda look amazing full and dark. I like it. She rocks them well.
I like tucked.. Im a fan of the casual tuck :)

TERI REES WANG said...

A woman's strength from her late 20's to 30's lays in the boldness of her brows.

I am watching.
Cheers!

avant garde design said...

thanks for the tutorial, and as far as tucking or not, i love the look you are wearing both ways, i suppose it would depend on your mood at the time. when i'm feeling skinny, i tuck, if i just ate a few big meals, i might untuck ;)

Template by Pink + Lola