Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Knots and Summer Goals




Fall is in the air for sure today, slight brr but I love the layering factor of a jacket as the day will begin to warm up, off it goes. And this cashmere vintage skirt is complete comfort. I have owed it since high school and actually feel like I am wearing a soft blanket all day.



After this labor day weekend I also start putting summer behind me and begin to concentrate on Fall goals, but that doesn't mean we cannot still enjoy what we loved about summer, like eating outside on warm nights, sitting in outdoor cafe's, taking long walks around the neighborhood, and my favorite pastime, soaking in the warm sun on the porch with my books and magazines. If the sun is warm enough I will be doing that year round. But even though there is so much to still do, I feel like summer flew by and I didn't get to do a ton that I had set my heart set on.
For instance, I really was hoping this was the summer to head back to Europe, (Wait I have been saying that each year) but in all honestly with schedules next spring will do, so I decided NYC this fall instead ;) I also wanted to write in my journal more and get back into my love of language learning (I hope to be fluent in French, Italian and Spanish) eventually! But there is always time and definitely no regrets.

But what about you, did you feel you reached your summer goals?

2nd photo and prompt via For Me-For You

Skirt-Vintage, Top-VS, Jacket-Silence+Noise, Shoes-Lines Paolo, Scarf-Vintage, Ring-Banana Republic, Necklace Vintage

6 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love your philosophy of buckling down and getting things done, but not at the sake of forsaking the luxuries of summer. Love!

Anonymous said...

That is so great! I reached some of my goals this summer, but like you, there's no regret! I had a wonderful summer, and the weather has been awesome! (Living in Northern Norway this is no given thing!)!

I would like you, love to write in my journal more, and I think that is a great fall goal!

Hugs,
sandra

Iulia Romana said...

Your post is so adorable :) And yes, lucly I've reached almost all my summer goals and I hope the same fore the autumn ones. Good luck to you too ! And you must keep this in mind : if you want something, go and get it !

elissa :: ebb & flow said...

i love looking back on goals of the season. i did pretty good on my list but still need to check renting a bike and having a picnic off my list. i suppose those can be fall activities as well. onto the next goal this they go!

Stylishlyme said...

Love this post, I always try to set goals every year have never thought about doing it per season. Think I will try it! Going to set my Fall goals now. Thank you for the inspiration.

-V

Please keep in touch: http://facebook.com/stylishlyme

Andrea Reh said...

As soon as I finish my course this year, I am enrolling in French classes - it's my biggest regret that I didn't study French at university.

Bonne chance avec les langues!

Andrea x

Template by Pink + Lola