Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fogged

Henryk

Times in our lives we can feel like we can do anything, fear takes a back seat, you are on top of the world.. But those insecurities that we bury, push aside and even overcome at times without facing can crawl right up and fog who we really are, an inconvenience I say. It drives us to act irrationally, confused.

Going through that many of times, maybe from circumstances in my life, I wanted to jot the ways that always put me right back into my fabulous shoes so to speak ;) Oh and the most important lesson I have learned in my life, never look to others to make you happy, confident and at peace. You are the only one that can ever fill those shoes.

-First and my top priority, keep going, keep going through any obstacle, any moments of fear, any moments of doubt. Here is a quote that always works for me, "If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill.

-Taking care of yourself from the inside out. Finding your balance.

-Making time for yourself... As a single mom that works full time that can be a challenge. But when I do, even if they are those little simplicities, like a glass of wine out on a weeknight, a long bath etc they are my refuel.

-Music, when I am having a bad day it always helps me kick butt better on the long list of things I just want to avoid.

As simple as all of that seems, sometimes schedules get busy, things get pushed aside and life as we know it can never be the perfect picture we create in our minds, accepting that and letting it will be will also keep us on the right track. Most days anyway.. I cannot promise a day of PMS is avoidable. (if you have advise for that pass that along) ;)



2 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Such perfect advice and words of wisdom. As a fellow artist, I know that insecurities can easily take over the soul. I love Winston's advice. Just keep going. Nothing bad will come of that.

Anonymous said...

Music ALWAYS helps me!!! Great advice here!! xoxo Elizabeth

Follow Shopbop + The NOW to Win a $100 Shopbop Gift Card

Template by Pink + Lola