Thursday, July 16, 2009

Voyage in my closet

Photo: Aaron Goss 2009


I work from home most days, but over the years that never stopped me from dressing up in what makes me feel good even while at home. I may only see my daughter all day and my only getting out is to grab some milk at times, but it makes me feel good to get up, put on my makeup, dress in cute clothes and shoes, it's just how I have always been. I definitely have many days where I just throw on a pair of jean shorts and flip flops, but I LOVE clothes so much and I try to mix it up each week. I am designing a few things as well and fashion is just a large passion in my life. Also I try to be creative as possible with my closet each season, only picking up a few key pieces that I think will keep me going until the weather changes, mostly that would be shoes. Those babies will extend most wardrobes for a long time.. and keeping items in the neutral palette with an exception to a fun print dress here and there.

I have also learned in the past that when I would just buy something because it was on sale it ended up lost in my closet to more of the same items I could care less about.. So this past few years I have donated half of it, changed my habits and am only buying things that I really love! Most important, I stopped charging everything. If I want it, I have to pay cash. There are always exceptions to any rule, but in that case pay off what you charged first before heading out again.. (It may be that I am in my 30's now and my goals have changed) but I have learned to pull together what I already have while adding only minimal pieces. Also if my ass splits a pair of jeans instead of running out the next day to get a new pair... to the sewing machine I go.
I am also saving for a summer flat overseas so I cannot be tempted to shop, though it can be difficult. (like right now hold me back... I really must have those shoes from the previous post below, seriously...biting lip)

With the inspiration of street fashion, lookbook and especially love maegan she is amazing with her recycled and DIY btw and well she is just fabulous! I was inspired to give this a go.

I am classic dressing and I usually let my shoes do all the talking ;) I have only 2 high end bags my Balenciaga~ killing this one slowly, poor bag, I just love it so much!! (but that is the purpose to enjoy it, no?) and my multi colored Louis Vuitton Speedy, dust bag it hides and in love with it as those are my initials.. with all of that I add a touch of vintage here and there, voila you have Moi.

And as many of you know I have a lot of fun with my photography and self portraits so I am definitely not shy about taking photos and getting crazy with them ;P. whooohaaa ;) So along with all of my usual posts, I am going to (TRY) and add some outfits to the mix maybe inspire others, maybe not. I will test it and try to work it in my schedule, if it works it works if not whatever.
So come on in.

Yesterday



~Airplane bracelet~ from my friend Jessica Etsy, ~Oui coin necklace~Urban Outfitters
, ~Cotton tee~VS, ~Shorts~ have had for a million years A&F, ~Shoes~ Nine West

Today



~Dress~ Kimchi Blue for Urban Outfitters, ~Shoes~ Guess

25 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Well I'm lovin' it, the second last shot my fav, great shoes and outfit!

Fab post too.xxoo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I'm going to like this voyage!

Beautiful outfits (and so are you!)...and I love that you dress up even to stay at home!

I do the same thing, and I swear my day is much happier than if I just lounged in yoga gear 24/7!

E.K. said...

I think this is a great idea. That dress is fabu!

Lizardo Art said...

How fun Leigh! I love that bracelet! And all the shoes!

Tasha said...

Great outfits, especially like the first one. I think dressing up whether there is a reason or not is a great idea, it can change how you feel :)

PorkStar said...

great shots!

avant garde design said...

love this post...i know what you mean about starting to simplify and really enjoy what you are wearing or buying. more classics that you can mismatch or embellish, like with shoes :) i LOVE that kimichi blue dress you are wearing, i could live in that, no kidding. happy weekend!

Helen said...

cute outfit!

Unknown said...

i also work at home. But obviously that can't stop me from dressing up all the time. hihihi.

you are so lovely! i love both your outfit, and am jealous of your amazing body.

http://denisekatipunera.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i love mix and match as well :) it gives me pleasure. LOL
i love the photo

xx

Unknown said...

i love to mix and match my clothes as well. i love the outfits! especially the heels

xx

NICOLE said...

i love your outfits! especially the shoes in the last one!

Unknown said...

Hallo,
you are wonderful.

Gruß Werner

paula said...

you are gorgeous! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

TRIGG said...

you're beautiful!!

Mademoiselle C. said...

You are so pretty! I would like to have your legs!!! ;)

The first picture is really beautiful, artistic. Black & White. Simple and original...I like the idea we can't see your face : it reminds me Magritte's paintworks.
XoXo.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Beautiful pictures! That airplane bracelet is adorable!

CanDy J. said...

HAUTE!!!!

Modelmental said...

You look amazing! As I'm sitting here in my sweats, you may have just inspired one! Would love to see more.

Carlton Mackey said...

we are all afraid...always.
but occasionally we feel the gentle breeze of freedom...of liberation.

or (today i see) a windstorm.

:)

sisters in black frocks said...

we share fashion philsophies! u look great

Unknown said...

that is amazing. you are gorgeous . .I'm so glad you've started self portraits in the name of fashion! lol. brilliant shots and fabulous outfits! more more more! please.


{thanks for mention ;) so happy to inspire}

Agnes said...

I love your style, Leigh. You look GREAT!

Steph Granshaw said...

Oh Gosh! loving that dress and those killer shoes...legs ain't bad either LOL! Fabulous :)

Feyz said...

I like your dress and specially your hair!!!

Template by Pink + Lola