Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Alex Turco


Title ~"Tribute to Louis Vuitton"


Title ~ "Free"


Title ~ "Dream On"

While in NYC and after setting up my art show at Charles Nolan this past June, I was browsing Gansevoort in the meatpacking district and discovered an amazing artist through the window right next door. Italian Artist Alex Turco. Unfortunately it was closed so I couldn't go in. But from the glass window I fell in love. I have one photo I took of his piece, Free below.



I cannot tell you how much more amazing his pieces are in person. He had this mixed media technique of a thick glaze that pored over his work and made is look like it was dripping wet with gel and especially the piece "Free" it looked like plastic wrap around the subjects face. AMAZING!!
Here is another photo I took of a reflection though the window trying to capture that texture.




I am definitely going to have to experiment with some of my work, I just love that spark of inspiration, such a great drive it brings. I will also hopefully have a new piece up tomorrow for you all as well :)

Sohodolls ~ Bang Bang Bang Bang

9 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh am so in love with #1 and #2, they are so wonderful. Lucky you to see it in person.

xoxo

Very Veronique said...

I'm amazed by these pictures! all of them. Lovely. And awesome blog! Thanks for stopping by mine;)
Mwah,
MsVeve

Kellie Collis said...

Some amazing art!!!! x

Unknown said...

I just adore the one you took through the window! it's so lush

Anonymous said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! I am definitely going to start following! =)

I love your artwork! It's just stunning!

Sher said...

these are truly beautiful, i'm in love with them!

thanks for the sweet comment:)am following you!

xx,
sher

Keith said...

Wow! Those are all fantastic. Thanks for sharing them with us.

TRIGG said...

i've been staring at the third for 10 mins now..
thank you so much for sharing this

fuschiaaa said...

Wow, they're unbelievable!

Template by Pink + Lola