Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Power of Self



I stumped upon this self portrait contest being held from Artist Wanted and on a whim thought why not!! Voting works two ways, with a little help from my friends, you that is, you can rate my images I uploaded up to 5 stars and the winner of this contest with the highest rates, will be awarded $1000.00, an art reception in New York City and all that fun publicity. Then comes the Grand Prize that is being judged by an amazing panel here. That would be 6 months of free living in New York City at The Edge ahhhhaeemm here... yea, or $7007.00 cash. A bit hard to choose, but I think I would take the cash and live for awhile in Europe. SO if you have some self portrait art, I suggest giving it a go yourself, only 4 days left and cross fingers (stiff competition from a few that I have seen)..


7 comments:

I'm a mean street kid. said...

wow the prizes are amazing! i don't have enough talent to send anything in myself.. but i voted for you!

ABSOLUTELY NOT MARTHA said...

these are wonderful! (and i just voted for you.)

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love that last photo. Very dramatic in a timeless way.

Unknown said...

tolle Frau!

Viele Grüße Werner

Phie Preston said...

Gosh what fantastic prizes! Enough to make anyone want to enter...
I hope you can check out The Fashion Smoke and follow us too, we're following you now :)

http://thefashionsmoke.com

avant garde design said...

fabulous. i just sent the link to another artist friend of mine too. you've got my vote! wish i had something ready, but alas i do not. maybe next year :)

if you want a link to my friends art, michael ornstein (he also acts, he's in the show sons of anarchy, and has been on seinfeld etc.) his link is here: http://www.mmo22.com/

Phil said...

Well, of course it's a 5-star rating. Your photos are great!!

Template by Pink + Lola