Monday, June 23, 2014

Postcards From Washington

Known for its bleak weather, thriving music scene, and coffee shops, Washington is anything but dreary.

A few weeks ago, I traveled to Washington, to visit one of my best friends from high school. I had never traveled to the Pacific Northwest before, but I was absolutely thrilled to go. From the band, Death Cab for Cutie, to Starbucks and Nordstrom, Washington has been home to a number of my favorite things. I was ecstatic to see the state that had contributed to so many of the things I love, not to mention getting to see my friend, whom I hadn’t seen in over a year. I was not disappointed, and became completely enamored with the state's natural beauty, art, weather, bustling cities, and the people I met there. 

 photo K1-blog_zpsd2ba54df.jpg
Exploring Capital Hill
 photo K3-blogREP_zpse150a085.jpg
Railing behind Pike Place Market. The ocean's proximity to the market was surprising to me. I grew up in Denver, so I’m used to being landlocked in cities. Even after living in New York for a summer, I still can’t get used to the idea of having water so close to a metropolis.
 photo k2-blog_zps68d4444a.jpg
Adventuring in Fremont
 photo k5-blog_zps6627b32d.jpg
Graffitti under Pike Place
 photo k4-blog_zps8678b89c.jpg
The Seattle Great Wheel, behind Pike Place. We didn't have time to go on it, but it looked like a lot of fun.
 photo k8-blog_zps7be361d0.jpg
Based on Seattle's unofficial status as the coffee capital of the US, we couldn't resist hitting up as many coffee shops as we could.
 photo k7-blog_zps277dc1e2.jpg
Soaking up the natural beauty as we hiked at Whatcom Falls.
 photo k6-blog_zpsa9739fae.jpg
Chuckanut Drive had the cutest signs. Hundreds of trees were adorned with carvings that professed couple's undying love for one another.
 photo k9-blog_zpsd45cc024.jpg
Hopped out of the car, on Chuckanut Drive, to watch the sunset over Samish Bay.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like it when people come together and share views.

Great blog, keep it up!

My blog post hcg ultra drops

Template by Pink + Lola